Privacy & Terms
- Shipping, Returns and Exchange
- Terms and Conditions
Information You Provide
You may choose to provide personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, or when you make a purchase on our site. The types of personal information you may provide to us includes: You may choose to provide personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, or when you make a purchase on our site. The types of personal information you may provide to us includes:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other phone numbers)
- Username and password
- Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, delivery address, and billing address)
- Content you provide (such as comments).
How We Use The Information
We may use the information you provide to:
- Send you promotional materials or other communications
- Provide services to you and operate features on our site
- Process your payment transactions
- Create and manage your online account
- Respond to your inquiries
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, surveys and other offers
- Operate and communicate with you about our social networking or mobile applications
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
- We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection. The information collected is necessary for the purposes set forth above. Without this information, you may not be able to take advantage of some of our products or services.
- We do not rent lists or sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you.
Your Rights And Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you, such as how we use the information and how we communicate with you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified below.
- Email Opt-Out
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us.
- Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information. Subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. You may review, change or delete your personal information on your Profile tab.
How To Contact Us
Returns & Exchanges
Surface Hair does not process or ship orders on weekends or statutory holidays.
Surface Hair orders are shipped and delivered by FedEx on business days (Monday through Friday, excluding major holidays). Orders are processed and shipped in 2 – 3 business days, depending on product availability.
Out Of Stock
Any order submitted through this website, if in stock, will ship once the necessary order verifications have been completed and cannot be cancelled once the order has shipped. If a product is out of stock, the item(s) will be placed on backorder and shipped to you when available. A backorder may be cancelled at any time prior to shipping. On orders with backordered items, the total shipping charges are included with the first shipment. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
SURFACE Online Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your online purchase from Surface, within 21 days of your date of purchase you may return the unused portion to us for an exchange of product. Please note: Only products purchased from Surface Online may be returned for an exchange of product. If you do not wish to have an exchange for the same product you purchased, you may choose another Surface product of equal value. Monetary refunds are not provided.
- Email email@example.com instructing of the intended return, include the reason of return and a copy of the original purchase invoice. This copy may be a photo or scan of the original invoice. Upon receipt you will be guided on the return / exchange process.
All USA returns should be addressed to:
Surface Hair / Returns
1125 East 4th Ave.
Hutchinson KS 67501
- All Canadian returns should be addressed to:
Surface Hair / Returns
402 A 1st Ave N.
Saskatoon, SK S7K 1X6
- For your protection and to ensure prompt delivery, we recommend that you send your return via insured UPS Ground. Return shipping fees are not refundable. In the case of damaged items, please refer to Damaged Items.
- Please allow 7-10 business days for return processing.
- If you have questions about returns, please contact us by phone at firstname.lastname@example.org
I ordered/received the wrong product, should I return it?
If your online order is not as expected, please contact us at email@example.com
My item arrived damaged. What should I do?
If you received damaged merchandise, please retain the box, packaging and all contents and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please attach a picture of the damaged box and goods.
When your order arrives, please inspect the carton for any damage that may have occurred during shipment. It is normal for the shipping carton to show some wear, however, if damage occurred to the item(s) in your shipment, please retain the box, the packing materials and the items inside and contact us immediately at email@example.com Please provide the order number along with your email address, phone number and picture of the damaged goods for fastest service.
Terms And Conditions
Effective Date: 04/14/2020
Products and Services for Personal Use
- The products, services and education available on the Site, and any samples thereof we may provide to you, are for personal use only. You may not sell or resell any of the products or services, or samples thereof, you purchase or otherwise receive from us. We reserve the right, with or without notice, to cancel or reduce the quantity of any order to be filled or products or services to be provided to you that we believe, in our sole discretion, may result in the violation of our Terms and Conditions.
Purchase Related Policies and Procedures
- To make a purchase on the Site, you must be over the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence.
Accuracy of Information
- We attempt to be as accurate as possible when describing our products on the Site; however, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we do not warrant that the product descriptions, colors, information or other content available on the site are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
- In the event a Surface Hair product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical error or error in pricing information received from our suppliers, Surface Hair shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. Surface Hair shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, Surface Hair shall issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the incorrect price.
All information and content available on the Site and its “look and feel”, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, service marks, text, graphics, photographs, button icons, images, audio clips, data compilations and software, and the compilation and organization thereof (collectively, the “Content”) is the property of Surface Hair and is protected by Canadian, United States and other international laws, including laws governing copyrights and trademarks. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in any manner for any purpose without our express written consent.
Except as set forth in the limited licenses in Section 7 below, or as required under applicable law, neither the Content nor any portion of the Site may be used, reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, accessed, modified, or otherwise exploited, in whole or in part, for any purpose without our express, prior written consent.
We grant you a limited, revocable, and non-exclusive license to access and make personal, non-commercial use of the Site. This limited license does not include the right to: (a) frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose the Site or any portion thereof; (b) republish, redistribute, transmit, sell, license or download the Site or any and/or all Content (except caching or as necessary to view the Site); (c) make any use of the Site or any and/or all Content other than personal use; (d) modify, reverse engineer or create any derivative works based upon either the Site or any and/or all Content; (e) collect account information for the benefit of yourself or another party; (f) use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing any and/or all Content; or (g) use software robots, spiders, crawlers, or similar data gathering and extraction tools, or take any other action that may impose an unreasonable burden or load on our infrastructure. You must retain, without modification, all proprietary notices on the Site or affixed to or contained in the Site.
We also grant you a limited, revocable, and non-exclusive license to create a hyperlink to the home page of the Site for personal, non-commercial use only. A website that links to the Site (i) may link to, but not replicate, any and/or all of our Content; (ii) may not imply that we are endorsing such website or its services or products; (iii) may not misrepresent its relationship with us; (iv) may not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, obscene, offensive controversial or illegal or inappropriate for any ages; (v) may not portray us or our products or services, in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive or objectionable manner, or associate us with undesirable products, services, or opinions; and (vi) may not link to any page of the Site other than the home page. We may, in our sole discretion, request that you remove any link to the Site, and upon receipt of such request, you shall immediately remove such link and cease any linking unless separately and expressly authorized in writing by us to resume linking.
Any unauthorized use by you of the Site or any and/or all of our Content automatically terminates the limited licenses set forth in this Section 7 without prejudice to any other remedy provided by applicable law or these Terms and Conditions.
Your Obligations and Responsibilities
- In the access or use of the Site, you shall comply with these Terms and Conditions and the special warnings or instructions for access or use posted on the Site. You shall act always in accordance with the law, custom and in good faith. You may not make any change or alteration to the Site or any Content or services that may appear on this Site and may not impair in any way the integrity or operation of the Site. Without limiting the generality of any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, if you default negligently or willfully in any of the obligations set forth in these Terms and Conditions, you shall be liable for all the losses and damages that this may cause to Surface Hair, our affiliates, partners or licensors.
You may choose to register at our Site if you over the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence. Do not register if you are not over the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence. If you are over the age of majority in your jurisdiction and do register, you will have an email address/username and password for your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account, username and password and for restricting access to your computer. You are responsible for keeping such information current, complete, accurate and truthful. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account, username and/or password. You agree to provide only current, complete, accurate and truthful information. If you are accessing and using the Site on someone else’s behalf, you represent that you have the authority to bind that person as the principal to all Terms and Conditions provided herein, and to the extent you do not have such authority you agree to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to accept liability for harm caused by any wrongful use of the Site or Content resulting from such access or use.
Except as may be prohibited by law, we reserve the right to refuse service and/or terminate accounts without prior notice if these Terms and Conditions are violated or if we decide, in our sole discretion, that it would be in Surface Hair’s best interests to do so .
Third Party Links
- We are not responsible for the content of any off-website pages or any other websites linked to or from the Site. Links appearing on the Site are for convenience only and are not an endorsement by us, our affiliates or our partners of the referenced content, product, service, or supplier. Your linking to or from any off-website pages or other websites is at your own risk. We are in no way responsible for examining or evaluating, and we do not warrant the offerings of, off-website pages or any other websites linked to or from the Site, nor do we assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, content, products, or services of such pages and websites, including, without limitation, their privacy policies and terms and conditions. You should carefully review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of all off-website pages and other websites that you visit.
Special Features, Functionality and Events
If you make a Submission, you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control the rights to your Submission and that you have the right to grant the foregoing rights to Surface Hair. You further represent and warrant that such Submission does not constitute or contain software viruses, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” You may not use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead us as to the origin of any Submission. You agree to indemnify us for all claims arising from or in connection with any claims to any rights in any Submission or any damages arising from any Submission.
When you transmit, upload, post, e-mail or otherwise make available data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, images, videos, messages or other materials (“User Content”) on the Site, you are entirely responsible for such User Content. Such User Content constitutes a Submission under Section 12 above. This means that all third parties, not Surface Hair, are entirely responsible for all User Content that they post to the Site. You agree not to engage in or assist or encourage others to engage in transmitting, uploading, posting, e-mailing or otherwise making available on the Site User Content that (a) is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (b) you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; (c) is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading; (d) you were compensated for or granted any consideration by any third party; or (e) infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary or privacy rights of any party. In addition, you agree not to transmit, upload, post, e-mail, install, or otherwise make available any computer program or destructive software such as viruses, unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitation or promotional material, including chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” You further agree not to (i) impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; (ii) “stalk” or otherwise harass including advocating harassment of another, entrap or harm any third party including harming minors in any way; (iii) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any User Content; (iv) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, provincial, national or international law, including e-mail addresses; (v) harvest, collect, gather, assemble or store personally identifiable data about other users; or (vi) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, other computer systems or networks connected to the Site, through password mining or any other means.
We do not endorse or control the User Content transmitted or posted on the Site and therefore, we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of User Content. You understand that by using the Site, you may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable to you. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any User Content, including, without limitation, for any errors or omissions in any User Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred by you as a result of the use of any User Content transmitted, uploaded, posted, e-mailed or otherwise made available via the Site.
You acknowledge that we have the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse to post or remove any User Content and we reserve the right to change, condense, or delete any User Content. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing or any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, we have the right to remove any User Content that violates these Terms and Conditions or is otherwise objectionable and we reserve the right to refuse service and/or terminate accounts without prior notice for any users who violate these Terms and Conditions or infringe the rights of others.
Representations and Warranties; Limitation of Liability
WHERE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF WARRANTIES, LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY OR CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE BELOW EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
THE SITE IS PRESENTED “AS IS.” WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR COLLATERAL, IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR THE SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR OR GENERAL PURPOSE, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT SUCH REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS ARE NOT LEGALLY EXCLUDABLE.
YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE), UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR ANY (a) INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS; (b) ACCESS DELAYS OR ACCESS INTERRUPTIONS TO THE SITE; (c) DATA NON-DELIVERY, MISDELIVERY, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION OR OTHER MODIFICATION; (d) LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY SORT INCURRED AS A RESULT OF DEALINGS WITH OR THE PRESENCE OF OFF-WEBSITE LINKS ON THE SITE; (e) COMPUTER VIRUSES, SYSTEM FAILURES OR MALFUNCTIONS WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING DURING HYPERLINK TO OR FROM THIRD PARTY WEBSITES; (f) ANY INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS IN CONTENT; OR (g) EVENTS BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL.
FURTHER, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUE OR OPPORTUNITY OR FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION RELATED TO THE SITE OR YOUR USE THEREOF (OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY EXCEED ONE HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS (USD $100.00) OR ITS EQUIVALENT IN CANADIAN DOLLARS.
YOU AGREE THAT NO CLAIMS OR ACTION ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATED TO, THE USE OF THE SITE OR THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY BE BROUGHT BY YOU MORE THAN ONE YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION RELATING TO SUCH CLAIM OR ACTION AROSE UNLESS OTHERWISE PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us, our affiliates, officers, employees, agents and licensors harmless for any loss, damages, claims, fines, penalties or costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any third party claim, action, or demand resulting from your (or anyone acting under your password and user name) use of the Site, any User Content made available on the Site or breach of these Terms and Conditions. You also agree to indemnify us for any loss, damages, or costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from your use of software robots, spiders, crawlers, or similar data gathering and extraction tools, or any other action you take that imposes an unreasonable burden or load on our infrastructure.
- Where LAW allows, with respect to any dispute regarding the Site, all rights and obligations and all actions contemplated by these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Saskatchewan, and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, as if the Terms and Conditions were a contract wholly entered into and wholly performed within the Province of Saskatchewan. Where Law allows, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any dispute relating in any way to your visit to the Site shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in the Province of Saskatchewan and you submit to the jurisdiction and proceedings thereof, except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of our affiliates, partners or licensors or otherwise have a cause of action in equity, we may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any court of competent jurisdiction and you consent to jurisdiction and venue in any such court for such purposes. Arbitration under this agreement shall be conducted in accordance with the Laws of Saskatchewan. The arbitrator’s award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under these Terms and Conditions shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Terms and Conditions, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
Consent to Receive Notices Electronically by Posting on the Site and Via Email
Notices to you may be made via e-mail or regular mail, or in cases of changes to these Terms and Conditions or to the services offered by the Site, by posting notices or links to such notices on the Site itself. If you have any questions or comments regarding these Terms and Conditions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You acknowledge and agree that these Terms and Conditions and any and all other legal notices or statements posted on the Site constitute the complete and exclusive agreement between us concerning your use of the Site, and supersede and govern all prior proposals, agreements, or other communications.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change or modify all or part of these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting the changes on the Site and providing notice of such change. Except where as prohibited by law, any changes are effective immediately upon posting to the Site and release of notice of such change. Your continued use of the Site thereafter constitutes your agreement to all such changed Terms and Conditions. We may, with or without prior notice, terminate any of the rights granted by these Terms and Conditions. You shall comply immediately with any termination or other notice, including, as applicable, by ceasing all use of the Site. We also reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between us. Our failure to require your performance of any provision hereof shall not affect our full right to require such performance at any time thereafter, nor shall our waiver of a breach of any provision hereof be taken or held to be a waiver of the provision itself. In the event that any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law or be so held by any applicable arbitral award or court decision, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render these Terms and Conditions unenforceable or invalid as a whole but these Terms and Conditions shall be modified, to the extent possible, by the adjudicating entity to most fully reflect the original intent of the parties as reflected in the original provision.
If you have any questions regarding these Terms and Conditions, please email us at email@example.com